ABOUT OUR COURSES
These courses are the only snowmobile programs recognized by Worksafe BC. Taught by our certified instructors these courses are designed to give you the skills to operate your snowmobile safely and effectively in the field. Course content and material developed by the CAC; and the snowmobile operator courses are provided through the BC Snowmobile Federation (BCSF).
At Canadian Wilderness Adventures we have been training our guides to safely lead beginners into the wilderness for 25 years and as a result are a world leader in our specialized area of expertise – snowmobiling! Canadian has been at the forefront of snowmobile tours and training and has helped the BC Commercial Snowmobile Operators with their “best operating standards” for guided tours in BC. Along with adopting the training standards and guidelines provided by the BCSF, CAC and the BCCSOA, our highly skilled guides have become instructors and have credibility through years of experience.
We have a fleet of 900ace ski-doo expedition snowmobiles and easy access to alpine bowls and BC’s finest snowmobile playground which allows us more time to learn about our surroundings and the power of the mountain!
Our two day (Industrial Snowmobile Operator) course is intended for those who need to use a snowmobile for work, it is Worksafe BC recognized and takes your skills one step further.
2 Day – Industrial Snowmobile Operator – $425 + $40 collision coverage and 5% GST
This BCSF 2 day program covers the Safe Operator and Worksafe requirements as well as more complex riding skills, loading and unloading your equipment and ensuring your machine is ready for a day at the office. A building block course that starts off with maintenance, safety, day and night travel, plus more extensive riding techniques for those who are required to travel off the beaten path and we’ll show you how to get unstuck when you venture too far off the path.
Course Participants must be 19 years of age and possess a full drivers license
Josh Livermore: [email protected]
Additional Course Information for all Snowmobile programs:
Ride your own snowmobile, it must be in good running order (and Canadian’s Instructor have the rights to decline use of machine), or rent one of our 4 stroke BRP Expedition Sports (900 ACE). Machines are available on first come first serve basis, please book in advance.
- Rental rate is $300/day including fuel, helmet, goggles, gloves, pants, jackets, boots
- $40/day plus tax Collision coverage is available with a zero deductible or a pre-authorization on your credit card is required
- $20/day trail access fee required
- Must be 19 and have a valid driver’s license in your country of origin
- Must have transportation to the training facility in the Callaghan Valley, pre-arranged transportation is available
- Minimum 4 clients required for course to operate, unless rentals are required, then minimum is 2 clients
- For field days you will require extra outdoor gear, food, water and anything else you need for your day in the backcountry
- Each participant must have a basic knowledge or previous riding skills