Canadian Cares is participating in the Foodworx competition from August 8 – August 15 and we want your help! This fundraiser is an initiative put on by Whistler Community Services and runs during Cranworx Whistler. It is a friendly competition amongst businesses in Whistler to see who can collect the most amount of food by weight during a week long competition.
How can you help?
From August 8 – 15 CWA will be collecting food at our front desk. If you bring a donation for the food bank to our desk in the Carleton Lodge we will give you 20% OFF any of our Summer tours! (Direct Bookings Only)
Some stats about the Whistler Food Bank:
- In 2013 the Whistler Food Bank had 2,370 visitors
- Children were served 470 times
- The busiest times of year at the Whistler Food Bank are the shoulder seasons when people find their hours cut, lose their job, or have difficulty finding work
- The majority of clients use the Food Bank only 1-3 times in a 12 month period
Much Needed Items at the Food Bank
- Canned Tuna/Salmon/Meat
- Peanut Butter
- Pasta Sauce
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Fruit
- Granola Bars
- Dried Beans
- Tea and Coffee
Non Food Items:
- Powder Laundry Detergent
- Diapers (Size 3+)
- Re-Usable Shopping Bags
- Toothpaste + Toothbrushes
Thank you for you help!