Know Before You Float – Canoeing down the River of Golden Dreams
Floating the River of Golden Dreams and the various lakes in Whistler are a local’s favourite pastime in the hot summers. Here are a few things you should know before you float:
1. There are no ‘shops’ to stop and make purchases
2. There are no washroom facilities along the River of Golden Dreams
3. Stay Hydrated! Make sure to bring water with you.
4. Avoid Heatstroke. Bring Sunscreen and a Hat.
5. Dress for the weather.
6. Stay Energized! Bring snacks.
7. Bring Extra Clothes
8. Be respectful of the environment. There are no garbage bins. Please pack out what you pack in.
9. All boats including the inflatables require a bail bucket and a buoyant heaving line.
10. Some Lakes and the River are glacier fed and can be very cold.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!